Aim: Tomobilize the Christian Community as a coordinated body to respond to any emergency taking direction from the Municipal Emergency Management Agency. This initiative provides a vehicle into the community and an open door of opportunity for the local church to give tanglible evidence of Christ's Love.
Purpose: Connect local churches to the communities they serve in times of emergency. Coordinate and facilitate the design, testing and implementation of a coordinated faith based emergency response plan.
Coordinate and facilitate training programs and distribution of resources provided by various coalition member groups, government agencies, and other resource partners and stakeholders.
Offer "Operation Cross Walk" as a vehicle to facilitate various denominations coordinated and working together, building trusting relationships in their communities. Identify resources and facilitate/fund appropriate training for "SWAT" volunteers.
Aid other communities to run their own FEPI Projects. Deliverables: - A Coordinated body of volunteers, as a trained workforce in the case of an emergency. - A Coordination Centre for the Christian Community.
- Quadrant Churches identified.
- Resources identified in the participating local churches.
- Sub-division Churches identified.
- The marginalized cared for by NeighbourLink.
- A shared commitment to people in communities.
- Churches working together with a common vision.
- Mini-coordination Centre in rural areas.
- Resource lists and check-sheets from the participating churches.
- "SWAT" Teams who are identified and trained.
- A resilient and well-cared for community.
- Neighbours caring for neighbours through MAG's. (Mutual Assistance Groups) - Increased number of Albertans from the Faith Community engaged in Emergency Preparedness and Response.
- Christians excited about serving others as they live "out" their faith.